I have presented my work internationally at academic conferences & to the wider public at panel discussions.
Invited panel speaker at the public Northern Power Futures 2019 event: exploring the topics of ageing, longevity & technology in the North of England: read more here.
Subsequent discussion with the audience, taking questions from the community.
- September – Invited keynote speaker: citizen symposium at Goethe University Frankfurt (Germany) on ageing and broadcasting technologies: connecting citizens in intergenerational technology systems
- Averil Osborne Flagship symposium for participatory 2022 research at the British Society of Gerontology’s annual conference (online)
- Co-organiser Computer-Human Interaction (CHI) 2021 workshop: The new vulnerable – exploring transformation and empowerment in times of COVID-19 (online)
- Annual Conference of the British Society of Gerontology (online)
- „The Later Life Audio and Radio Co-operative“ – International Conference on Software Development and Technologies for Enhancing Accessibility and Fighting Info Exclusion (online)
- „Content creation in later life“ – International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work & Social Computing (online)
- „The Later Life Audio and Radio Co-operative: a discussion round“ – webinar hosted by Centre for Ageing & Dementia Research, Swansea University
- „Digital research with older adults in COVID-19 pandemic“ – Newcastle University Engage and Learn Forum
- „HCI and ageing – new perspectives on digital participation“ – moderating a panel discussion at HCI Summer Festival 2020, Open Lab: video here
- „Reflections on being a participatory action researcher“ – public UCU event
- „Digital Participation in later life“ – Age friendly city group, Newcastle, UK
- „Demo of Radio Grabber“ – ArtWorks and Participation Network, Sunderland University
- „Creating a Radio Festival for older adults“ – NorSC Lab, Northumbria University Social Computing talk series
- „Community-based participatory action research with older adults“ – Age friendly city group, Newcastle, UK
- „Later Life Civic Participation and Community Radio“ as part of a symposium – British Society of Gerontology Conference, Liverpool, UK
- „Bridging the digital gap“ – Newcastle University Institute of Health & Society Postgraduate Conference
- Symposium on later life civic participation – International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics European Region Congress in Gothenburg, Sweden
- „Older Voices: community radio & civic participation in later life“ – Mofet Institute, Tel Aviv, Israel
- „Digital sound archives of age activism“ – Community Informatics Research Network (CIRN), Prato, Italy